Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Vintage Turkey Tips Part I

I have begun to finish scanning my collections of recipes. I wanted to share the 1947 Wisconsin Michigan Power Company Holiday Book turkey ideas. Remember, use your own judgement when reading suggestions and recipes. I never stuff my bird with dressing. I put that in bread pans. My bird gets an apple and an onion in the cavity to keep it moist. Here is the first of 4 pages on Turkey.

Just click on the scan below so you can read it more clearly.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I know it's all about not stuffing your bird anymore because of food poisoning, but the stuffing is just so much yummier if it's been baked inside the cavity. I can never get it the same in a pan!

Djfshop said...

I do have to agree with you on that one. Not sure why, except that it gets crustier in the pan.