POT ROAST WITH TOMATO GRAVY
3 pounds beef pot roast
1 cup fat-free beef broth
¼ cup Flour
½ tsp garlic salt
2 tsp salt
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp pepper1 can tomato paste (6 ounces)
3 Tbs Butter or Margarine
1 large onion, sliced
½ cup sliced ripe olives
½ cup fat free sour cream
1. Combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic salt
2. Dredge pot-roast in seasoned flour and brown butter or margarine. Pour off drippings.
3. Place roast in slow cooker or roasting pan. Add onion, broth, water and Worcestershire sauce, Cover tightly and cook slowly 3 hours.
4. Add tomato paste and olives and cook 1/2 hour or until meat is tender.
5. Remove meat to warm platter
6. Thicken cooking liquid for gravy, if necessary. Stir a small amount of gravy into sour cream and add mixture to remaining Gravy. Cook just until heated through.
Servings: 8 Preparation time: 30 minutes Cooking time: 3-1/2 Hours
1961-62 National Live Stock and Meat Board