Spaetzle (makes 5 cups)
2 C flour
3 medium eggs
1/2 t. salt
2/3 C of cold milk or water
- Using a wooden spoon, mix everything together to make a smooth dough. If dough seems to thick add more liquid and if to thin add a bit more flour.
- Have a boiling pot of water, not more than half full, ready and add a touch of salt as you would when preparing pasta.
- Take a strainer with big holes and set on top of the pot of boiling water.
- Press dough through the holes of the strainer with a big spoon.
- As the dough drops into the water it makes little dumplings.
- When all dough has been pushed through, stir once and bring back to a boil.
- Once boiling, you can drain them and you are done
- You can make these ahead of time and just warm in the microwave or with butter.
- Fresh herbs added to the dough spices these up.
- Some kitchen specialty stores have spaetle makers.
Powered by ScribeFire.