Lemon Cherry Treats
Yield: 4 dozen
1/2 Cup butter or margerine
3/4 Cup sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
grated rind of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1-3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup dried cherried (raisins, dates, figs)
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Blend in egg, lemon juice, and grated rind.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add, mixing until a compact dough is formed.
- Stir in fruit thoroughly.
- Form 1" balls.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour.
- Bake at 400 Degrees for 8-10 minutes.
My husband and I truly enjoyed these. A bit of an accomplishment for one that is known as a terrible baker. Good cook, but terrible baker.